From the kitchen to the bathroom to the garage, find the remarkable methods people are cleaning with baking soda and it truly works! We all know that baking soda is a necessary ingredient in pancakes, bread and cakes. But did you know it makes miracles cleaning almost all the house, too? This mild, non-toxic cupboard staple is a powerful product when it comes to eliminating oil spots, cleaning toys and many more inside your house as professional plumber –Υδραυλικοί Αθήνας – inform us.
Whether you’re planning a deep spring cleaning or an everyday cleaning up, a box of baking soda will be your new best friend. The best thing is that it’s a healthful, home-made choice and can freshen your household inside and out.
How baking soda works?
Baking soda is a super-effective but mild cleaner and natural deodoriser. Also, it’s a sort of salt that makes dirt and grease to diffuse in water and being excellent at incorporating odours.
Is bicarbonate of soda the same with soda?
Yes, baking soda and bicarbonate of soda are the same things. Baking soda is the American name for what in the UK and Australia is bicarbonate of soda.
Can you mix vinegar with baking soda?
When you combine baking soda with white vinegar, the powerful duo produces a fizzy biochemical reaction that makes miracles in the areas of kitchen and bathroom.
How you clean your kitchen with baking soda?
Almost every oily, dirty place in your kitchen can profit from a wipe over with the baking powder. Here are just a few to try :
1. Clean your fruit and vegetable with baking soda
You can remove the mud and slick coating off your fruit and vegetable by spraying a small amount of baking soda on a wet sponge, brushing it lightly all over your fruits to clean it and then giving it a careful rinse in cold water.
2. Clean your pots and pans with baking soda
Add some water on a generous amount of baking soda into your pot and pans and leave to soak for at least 15 minutes before washing it off. This way you can remove every stain and dirt from your pans and pots.
3. Clean your microwave with baking soda
Clean the interior and exterior of your microwave by cleaning it over with baking soda on a clean, wet sponge that has been soaked in hot water and twisted out, before cleaning completely. It won’t leave a sharp, drug odour and it will also cut through the oil that stores on your counter top and leave your worktops looking great.
4. How to clean your refrigerator with baking soda?
If you place a small open container of baking soda in your refrigerator it will absorb any strong smells. You should stir it up once a week so that it remains active and replace it every month. It’s also a great method to clean and purify your fridge if you wipe over with a soft, wet cloth soaked in baking soda and following it up with a fabric soaked in hot water.
5. How to clean your oven with baking soda?
If you want to avoid any strong and harmful chemicals to clean your oven you can easily use baking soda by following these steps :
- Remove all racks and trays from the oven.
- Use a bowl to mix baking soda and water and make a spreadable paste.
- Cover with the paste all over the walls of the oven only and avoid the heating elements.
- Leave it for several hours or overnight.
- Wipe the oven with a piece of wet fabric, extracting as much baking soda paste as you can.
- Use a spray bottle to eject white vinegar over the oven walls.
- Wait for the reaction when the vinegar gets in contact with any excess of baking soda and then clean it off with a wet fabric.
- Similarly, clean the racks and trays.
6. How to clean your bathroom and toilet with baking soda?
Baking soda can make miracles in a bathroom, making parts glow and cleaning plugged drains. To clean the toilet basin, add 50g of baking soda to the bowl, swill it around and scrub it. Easy, cheap and healthy !
7. How to unclog drains with baking soda?
If you have a clogged drain, pour 125g of baking soda down it, followed by 125g of hot white vinegar. Cover the plughole with a damp fabric to hold the fizzing results. Wait for 10 minutes before washing it through with water.
8.How to remove mould and mildew with baking soda
When you are in the bathroom, you can remove mildew stains on tiles and shower curtains with a wet sponge and baking soda.
9. Clean your clothes with baking soda
Add to your wash machine 200 gr of baking soda and bright your whites and colour clothes. When working in a mix with a liquid cleanser it helps get clothes cleaner and brighter.
10. Clean your children’s toys with baking soda
Freshen up kids toys that have become dusty and dirty by putting them in a large plastic bag with 100g of baking soda. Make sure the top is tied up and take give it a good shake. The baking soda will help to bring out the dust and dirt. Complete the cleaning by removing the toys from the bag and giving them a soft vacuum.
11. How to clean your walls with baking soda
Baking soda on a wet cloth can also be effective when you want to clean your walls from dust, dirt or crayon from. Remember to rub and scrub gently.
12. How to clean your carpets with baking soda
Are your carpets a little smelly? Sprinkle baking soda on the carpets, wait for 1 hour or overnight, and then use the vacuum cleaner to clean them. The baking soda will help to draw out any dust, dirt and odours and revive your carpets.
13. How to refresh your house smell with baking soda
Baking soda is excellent for getting rid of household odours, whether in carpets or mattresses. But it’s great for use on cat litter trays, too. Lay down a layer of baking soda in the cat litter tray before moistening the litter on top to help keep the smell away.
14. How to freshen up your closet with baking soda?
Keep dry and dirty smells away by putting an open box or a small glass jar of baking soda on a closet shelf.
15. How to freshen up your drawers with baking soda?
Fill an old sock or a small cloth bag with baking soda and place in a drawer to absorb odour.
16. How to clean your shoes with baking soda?
Shoes and trainers can have their odour removed if you pour a layer of baking soda into each one and leave it until the next time they’re worn. Just remember to knock it all out before the feet go back in.
17. How to clean your patio furniture with baking soda?
If you are about to bring your patio furniture out of storage, ready for spring, spruce it up with a wipe down of baking soda and water on a cloth. If the soft furnishings that go with your outdoor furniture smell a bit musty after spending winter in the shed, sprinkle bicarb on them, leave for at least 15 minutes, and then vacuum gently.
See more about plumbers:
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΕΛΙΣΣΙΑ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ 24 ΩΡΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΕΤΑΜΟΡΦΩΣΗ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ 24 ΩΡΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΕΤΑΞΟΥΡΓΕΙΟ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΕΣ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΕΣ ΒΛΑΒΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΙΚΡΟΛΙΜΑΝΟ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΕΣ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΕΣ ΒΛΑΒΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΟΝΑΣΤΗΡΑΚΙ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΕΣ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΕΣ ΒΛΑΒΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΟΣΧΑΤΟ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ 24 ΩΡΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΠΟΥΡΝΑΖΙ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΕΣ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΕΣ ΒΛΑΒΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΜΠΡΑΧΑΜΙ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ 24 ΩΡΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΝΕΑ ΕΡΥΘΡΑΙΑ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ 24 ΩΡΕΣ
- ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΙ ΝΕΑ ΙΩΝΙΑ ΥΔΡΑΥΛΙΚΟΣ ΤΩΡΑ